Manages the preconstruction activities for one or more complex, large projects by overseeing the estimating, design development and client relations between the bid and initial phase of construction. Projects are in the Light Industrial Industry up to $100M.
- Industry leading technology and training
- Experienced and tenured team of estimating and preconstruction professionals to partner with and develop
- Leading comp and benefits program include Base, Car allowance, Bonus, Full family health benefits
- Suburban location with no downtown commute
What You Will Be Doing
- Manages project pursuits by working closely with proposal manager, lead estimator, business development manager and project management team.
- Works with Business Development team to identify opportunities, recommends partnerships for Company pursuit, and coordinates partnership teams to submit proposals within prescribed budgets and timelines.
- Develops and manages pursuit timeline and deliverables, attends all schedule and proposal meetings to ensure submission will include all necessary data and documentation.
- Reviews design schedule and construction plans to identify cost savings opportunities within the contract specifications by adjusting quantities, estimate materials or alternative construction methods.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Develops project specific client management strategy. Manages client expectations and communication based on contract specifications and needs of the Owner.
- Works closely with engineers and estimators to develop the budget and secure the final bid price for the pursuit.
- Supports the project hand-off between the bid and construction teams to ensure proper execution of construction plans and client expectations. Supports project management team with client relations during the initial phases of project construction, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field preferred.
- 5+ years’ construction industry experience related to project pursuits, including estimating, project management.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills required.
- Understanding of cost estimating practices, development and implementation.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
This role is an immediate need, contact Jim Lappin to learn more.