The Estimator calculates preliminary job budgets and prepares formal job bids through interpreting blueprints, performing take-offs, and estimating job costs. The Estimator interfaces with repeat clients and their representatives to ensure that technical specifications and designs are feasible and consistent with industry standards.
- Project costs (materials, labor, equipment, taxes, permits, safety equipment, etc.) and produce estimates.
- Procure competitive quotes from specific vendors on material, equipment, subcontractors, etc.
- Research and record permit costs and calculations for all estimates.
- Communicate with the production team to gauge accurate costs for production and to ensure projects are prepared in accordance with the scope of work proposed and agreed upon.
- Based on experience, quotes, roofing expertise, and previously collected data, make necessary adjustments to estimate to conform to the specific project or customer conditions.
- Be thorough, always review and comprehend all construction documents such as contracts, plans, and specs for projects you are estimating.
- Maintain a repair and estimate bid log and always update with information on all projects.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and submit proper bid documents to ensure compliance with each and every proposal.
- 5+ years of experience in Steep Slope estimating is required
- A strong and comprehensive knowledge base of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines, cost control systems, data analysis, and strategic planning.
- Excellent communication, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in computer software such as Microsoft Office and advanced in Excel.