The Lead Superintendent plays an important role in the completion and profitability of each project and plays a key role in client communication and client satisfaction. The Lead Superintendent is the representative of the company who ultimately knows the most about a given project. It is his/her chief responsibility to manage the day-to-day construction activities at the job site to get the project completed with the utmost quality and in a timely manner.
Projects are within the DC Beltway, ranging from $200k-$850k. High end custom home remodels that can include in home bowling alleys, wine cellars, and arcades.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead carpentry work as needed with “tools on”
- Manage and oversee other subcontractors on the project for the other trades
- Communicate and “manage” the client on a daily basis. Relay any important information from the client to the Production Manager
- Schedule and oversee building department inspections
- Keep informed as to the project as a whole including plans, change orders and specs
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with Production Manager, subcontractors, clients, and architects as necessary